"mountain peak" in Celtic place names (especially of roughly pyramidal peaks standing alone), from Gaelic beinn, from Old Irish *benno- "peak, horn, conical point," from PIE root *bend- "projecting point."
1. A point of order was raised in parliament by Mr Ben Morris.
2. Mr Ben Bella was deposed in a coup in 1965.
3. Ben drove past them, nosing his car into the garage.
4. Ben Brantley's article on Sir Ian McKellen rekindled many memories.
5. "Don't let that get you down," he said ruffling Ben's dark curls.