前缀a-, 不，非。词根theo, 神，见theology, 神学。
- atheism (n.)
- 1580s, from French athéisme (16c.), from Greek atheos "without god" (see atheist). A slightly earlier form is represented by atheonism (1530s) which is perhaps from Italian atheo "atheist." Ancient Greek atheotes meant "ungodliness."
- 1. He believes in atheism as though it were a new religion.
- 2. Chinese citizens enjoy the freedom to believe in religion and the freedom not to believe in it and to propagate atheism.
- 3. Atheism is the opinion that there is no God.
- 4. Here Nagel gives us both the negative and the positive content of atheism.
- 5. But the media controlled by the Party preach atheism.